Jobs At Asessippi
Heavy Duty Mechanic
Do you love exploring and playing in the great outdoors, making new friends, hanging around the campfire, fishing, hunting, skiing, snowboarding and snowshoeing?? Well, we have that and more. Asessippi Ski Area and Resort is a year-round resort located between Regina and Winnipeg. MB. If you are up for the challenge and require space away from city crowds this is a fantastic place to work. Staff accommodation is available so your dream of living in the prairies is part of the adventure. It is just like the mountains without the elevation.
Asessippi Ski Area and Resort is seeking a full time, year-round, heavy duty mechanic. The Mechanic will report to the General Manager. You will be responsible for maintaining our fleet of, snow cats, snow mobiles, quads, heavy equipment, some lift maintenance and lawn care equipment.
Why work at Asessippi?
- Free season pass at Asessippi.
- Free Rentals and Lessons.
- Staff trips, staff parties and staff activities all season.
- Meal and confection discounts.
- Discounts at the Trails End gift shop.
- Discounts at other participating resorts in MB, SK, AB & BC.
- 5cent/L discount on fuel at the C-Store in Russell.
These are just a few of the perks we offer. If you’re up for the challenge, it’s a lot of fun!
Responsibilities include: (but not limited to)
- Perform preventative maintenance, diagnose equipment problems and determine repairs as needed
- Adjust, repair, or replace defective parts as required as per manufacturer’s guidelines
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance
- Maintain a daily record of all work tasks and materials, keep a comprehensive inventory of mechanical parts needed to sustain the snow-grooming and other equipment
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations and streamline work processes
- Work with leadership to order and maintain a complete stock of shop supplies and materials as required
- Coordinate fuel and lubrication deliveries to ensure all relevant packaging and oil waste is disposed of according to provincial codes
- Coordinate vehicle and equipment for scheduled seasonal operations
- Assist the Lift Mechanic with leadership, including the mentoring of other team members
- Maintain a clean and tidy personal work area and assist with general cleaning duties in a workshop environment
- Ensure staff working in and around the shop are familiar with current Safety Procedures and hazards
- Demonstrate a safe work practice at all times by adhering to all Asessippi Resort safety policy
- and procedures and ensuring one’s own safety is preserved along with the safety of co-workers,
- direct reports, and Asessippi Resort guests
- Review all OH&S notices/meeting minutes as they are distributed and posted on OH&S boards located within all departments
- Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements / Qualifications:
- Journeyperson, Heavy Equipment Technician, or related ticket
- 3 to 5 years of snowcat maintenance experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of hydrostatic drive and hydraulic controls
- Automotive fleet maintenance experience
- Some welding and fabricating experience
- Small two-stroke and four-stroke engine experience
- Fallen worker training is an asset
- First aid certification is an asset
- Good communications skills, self-motivated, mature, dependable, timely and able to work well with others
- Willing and able to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to work at excessive heights
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Ability to operate graders, loaders, snowmobiles, snowcats, ATVs and 4×4 trucks in a safe and responsible manner
- Operators certificates for associated industrial equipment an asset
- Good working knowledge of current WorkSafe Manitoba regulations
- Candidates with a minimum of 3 years experience are preferred.
Please fill out the below form to submit your application to join the Asessippi team this winter!
Note for all Applicants: We require work references, not personal references. Please submit 2 valid work-related references below.
International Applications: Please note that we do not sponsor anyone to work here. You must have a valid Canadian Work Permit to work at Asessippi.
We also are looking for people for the following positions:
- Ski and Snowboard Instructors
- Lift Attendants
- Snow makers
- Group Check-in
If you have any questions, please email our team at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application.