Safety & Risk Awareness
The use of ski area premises and facilities and participation in activities at Assessippi Ski Resort is subject to the conditions set out in the Exclusion of Liability and Assumption of Risks Notice and the Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreement (the “Release Agreement”).
Exclusion of Liability Notice
Release of Liability:
Alpine Responsibility Code
Ski patrollers at Asessippi all belong to and are trained under the Canadian Ski Patrol (CSP), a National Organization that provides safety and rescue services in ski areas and at non-skiing events across Canada. The number one job is safety first. Most injuries are preventable. Please Know the Code….
There are elements of risk that common sense and personal awareness can help reduce. Regardless of how you decide to use the slopes, always show courtesy to others. Please adhere to the code listed below and share with others the responsibility for a safe outdoor experience.
- Always stay in control. You must be able to stop, or avoid other people or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right-of-way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- Do not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
- Before starting downhill or merging onto a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
- If you are involved in or witness a collision/accident you must remain at the scene and identify yourself to the Ski Patrol.
- Always use proper devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe and obey all posted signs and warnings.
- Keep off closed trails and obey area closures.
- You must not use lifts or terrain if your ability is impaired through the use of alcohol or drugs.
- You must have sufficient physical dexterity, ability, and knowledge to safely load, ride, and unload lifts. If in doubt, ask the lift attendant.
Also, be aware of the Cross Country Responsibility Code and Mountain Bike Responsibility Code.
Learn more about the Alpine Responsibility Code in this video.
To All Users: Please read the exclusion of liability below before visiting Asessippi
Know The Code - Be Safety Conscious - It Is Your Responsibility
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer ski patroller at Asessippi please contact Ian Menzies, Phone: 204-564-2026
For more information about ski patrol, see Canadian Ski Patrol.